CS GO Config
The most personal thing you can have in Counter-Strike Global Offensive is your Config although it’s copied from pro players more than adjusted to us. Why ? Simply because it takes a lot of work to make one for yourself, and for most people it’s hard to understand the meaning of all these commands. So why not copying something that is already made and tested by the best right? Well, it’s more like buying the same outfit as your favourite actor is wearing in his size, it will not fit you and will look silly. What we will show you in this article is how to get that great outfit but in your size. Most settings in CS GO CONFIG are adjusted to the person which made it, so running it on different resolution then the owner will give you an absolutely different feel of it. Of course, we should use common useful changes which pro players are using, like zoomed out radar or wall wipes when moving, but we can just add it to our very own config instead of copying everything as it is. We will show you how to do this !
CS GO Config location
Let’s start with basic things you should know like where we can find our cs go config and how can we make one. Valve recently complicated it a bit, because our configs are saving now in two different directions, and it might be slightly confusing. You can see that login in on smurf account where all your settings are difrent. The first place where we are storing our configs is in:
- \Steam\steamapps\common\Counter-Strike Global Offensive\csgo\cfg
Inside this folder you will see lots of configs and that will be our mother/source place to store them. The second place is recently added by Valve to separate config storages for other accounts used on the same computer. If your settings are not copied to the new account which you’re logging in to the same PC it means that your config is stored in here:
- \Steam\userdata\00000000\730\local\cfg where „00000000” is your steam ID.
How to find steam id ?
Simply log in to steam, go to inventory then press „trade offers” on the right-hand side. Next, we need to press „Who can send me Trade Offers?” in there we will see our trade link and numeric part of the link right after /tradeoffer/new/?partner= is your steam id. Under that new destination, we can find our config and video settings, so if we want to have every new account to start with same settings all that we have to do is moving it to our first place the source one.
Create CSGO Config
All we need to do is creating a text document and save it as .cfg file and that’s it. We got our own config ! Most people nowadays is adding commands to autoexec.cfg which we can find in the game folder. I will recommend you doing so if you are new or not feeling comfortable with editing it at all. Autoexec is a great choice and it will automatically load your commands every time you start the game. Now knowing where and how we can add commands let’s take a look at commands. I will start with most common which people like to customize for themselves and explain you all what they are for.
ViewModel Are to define your weapon’s model position on the screen
- viewmodel_fov (this will change your ViewModel field of view)
- viewmodel_offset_x (this will move your ViewModel left and right)
- viewmodel_offset_y (this will move your ViewModel back and forward)
- viewmodel_offset_z (this will move your ViewModel up and down)
If you do not feel comfortable enough with making changes by yourself in config or you would like to have live visual control over changes you make you can use this workshop map and test your view models: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=365126929&searchtext On this map you can pick your favourite setting and see them later on in console so you can easily add it to your config. Additionally, we are recommending to set these settings to 0 to lower your weapon’s shifting while crouching down:
- cl_viewmodel_shift_left_amt „0”
- cl_viewmodel_shift_right_amt „0”
CS GO Crosshair
Next big topic with many commands to cover, as you can see by the name it’s all about to setting up your perfect crosshair. Let’s crack into it:
- cl_crosshairdot (The dot in the center of the crosshair 1 in on , 0 is off)
- cl_crosshairgap (The amount of space in the center of the crosshair)
- cl_crosshairgap_useweaponvalue (Enable/disable different crosshair gap per weapon/s you’re using ie. pistol, rifle, etc.)
- cl_crosshairthickness (Thickness of crosshair)
- cl_crosshairscale (Scale of crosshair)
- cl_crosshairsize (Change size higher or lower for larger or smaller crosshair)
- cl_crosshairstyle (Values = 1-5 , 5 is the „active” crosshair that spreads.)
- cl_crosshair_drawoutline (Places an outline around the crosshair itself)
- cl_crosshair_outlinethickness (Thickness of the outline – edit in .5 values)
- cl_crosshair_dynamic_maxdist_splitratio (These values change how far the crosshair can split)
- cl_crosshair_dynamic_splitalpha_innermod (These values change how far the crosshair can split)
- cl_crosshair_dynamic_splitalpha_outermod (These values change how far the crosshair can split)
- cl_crosshair_dynamic_splitdist (These values change how far the crosshair can split)
- cl_crosshairusealpha (Enable/disable crosshair alpha)
- cl_crosshairalpha (Opacity of the crosshair)
- cl_crosshaircolor (Color of the crosshair)
- cl_crosshaircolor_b (Manual way to edit crosshair colors by RBG)
- cl_crosshaircolor_g (Manual way to edit crosshair colors by RBG)
- cl_crosshaircolor_r (Manual way to edit crosshair colors by RBG)
- cl_fixedcrosshairgap (Determines the fixed gap between both the lines of the crosshair)
Same as with ViewModels we are lucky enough to get a special map where we can test our crosshairs and see which crosshairs are using other players and pro players.
Of course, after creating your godlike crosshair you can copy all commands from a console and simply save it in your config.
Radar – Full map
It’s really common among pro players to have a full map on your radar and more beneficial for you. It works kinda like map while holding scoreboard button but you can have it all the time on. For that, we will need these 2 commands:
- cl_radar_always_centered 0 Keeps the radar centered
- cl_radar_scale 0.35 Will scale your radar to the point that you can see the whole map.
It might be really hard to get used to it at first but after some time, you will not be able to play without it. Thanks to this setting in many cases you will not need to wait for teammate info about the push because you will be able to see it for yourself on the radar even if it is happening on the other end of the map.
In many places, blood on the wall will lower your visual on the target. Thanks to this technic of adding r_cleardecals (this command is cleaning everything of the original surface) to your binds you can constantly clean walls and see better. Simply add to your config lets say that line:
- bind „w” „+forward; r_cleardecals;”
With this bind every time you will press move forward button you will as well clean dirt of walls. You can add it to pretty much every other command or bind which you are using often in the game. For example movement binds, jump, duck, action2 (zoom), use or reload.
Buy Binds in Counter-Strike Global Offensive
Really often used in the game by all kinds of players and I can’t see any harm in using them. Apparently making these is kinda complicated for beginners so I will recommend you using this website: http://csgobuynds.com/ Really simple way to create your own set of buy binds and save it without any struggle.
I personally use just 2 binds where one is for vest and another one is for grenades.
- bind v „buy vest; buy vesthelm;” this bind will buy the vest for you and if you will have less then 1000 it will buy vest without the helmet.
- bind c „buy hegrenade; buy flashbang; buy defuser; buy smokegrenade; buy molotov; buy incgrenade;” that one will buy for you set of grenades and will be great for refills if you will survive the round.
Music Player for CS:GO
Some people like to have that bind with favorite song or FX which they can play after the round to keep teammates in a good mood. To have the option to do so without using any extra programs in background we need to add this to our config:
- alias music „musicon”
- alias musicon „voice_inputfromfile 1; voice_loopback 1; +voicerecord; alias music musicoff”
- alias musicoff „voice_inputfromfile 0; voice_loopback 0; -voicerecord; alias muza musicon”
- bind „ins” „music”
- alias voiceON „+voicerecord; bind KEY voiceOFF”
- alias voiceOFF „-voicerecord; bind KEY4 voiceON”
To understand it better watch this video and follow instructions given in it.
That would be all we wanted to cover in here. The most asked questions and most troubling commands are also added to config which we are adding in here just click it to DOWNLOAD CS GO CONFIG. In this autoexec config, you will have commands set as we think is the best generally. All of them have notes (everything in config line after // is not registered as a command but simple note) next to them so you guys will know what commands are for and that we can change. Good luck in editing and creating your perfect config and I hope you learned something from us.